Our client is a highly successful manufacturer and supplier of casual wovens and casual jersey to major US & European retail groups. They are now looking for an experienced Design Manager for their young women's department to focus on their new athleisure department.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Required to work in a fast paced environment,
- High volume design/development based in Hong Kong.
- Responsible for developing bestselling styles for young women's active and leisurewear
- Develop trend-led collections tailored towards suppliers' customers throughout the year
- Responsible for sourcing and developing fabrics and trims
- Overseas travel to the factories for development, fabric & trim sourcing, shopping research trips and client meetings
- Previous experience designing young women's active / athleisure wear
- Demonstrate excellent knowledge of technical jersey fabrics and yarns
- Good understanding of garment costing
- Experience designing for the US market preferred or designing for major UK/European retail groups
- Demonstrate longevity in your designing career
- Team management of both product and designers is experience required
- Excellent communication at all levels along with time management and organisational skills are essential
- Strong sketching and CAD skills are essential