This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who has completed a fashion degree, HND or equivalent and is looking to get their career started with an established company.
We are looking for an Assistant Woven Designer, to assist on the wovens department, it will require designing, tech packing and general support for the Senior Wovens Designers on the area.
The position is with a leading supplier who works with retailers and supermarkets in the UK.
The ideal candidate will have some work experience through placements, internships or a first job.
Main Responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the Ladieswear Senior team with everyday customer and sampling correspondence such as CAD development, tech packs, fabric development and office admin.
- Assisting with customer accounts via email & in meetings.
- Communicating with factories on fabric and garment development.
- Organising samples for meetings and internal range reviews.
- Keeping on top of ladieswear trends
- Degree or HND in fashion design (or equivalent)
- Understanding knowledge of woven fabrications
- Knowledge of artwork scaling would be beneficial but not essential
- Great Adobe photoshop and illustrator skills
- Excellent time management
- Enthusiastic to deliver
- Highly organised
- Clear communicator
- A great team player and keen to learn
- Commercially aware of ladieswear product trend