We are actively recruiting a Knitwear Design Assistant to join my clients Head Office team based in London. You will assist on the Womenswear team working across several major accounts on the UK high street.
My client is seeking enthusiastic and commercial Knitwear Design Assistant who is used to working in a fast-paced environment and able to work under pressure. This role will be working with a team of designers, assisting with a variety of admin duties as well as designing to briefs.
This ideal candidate will have some previous work experience or placement in industry, assisting in a trend lead Design team - with either a Supplier or Retailer.
Main responsibilities will include :
- Work closely with the Knitwear design and development team.
- Sending and chasing samples for approval.
- Manage the yarns.
- Assisting the designer with development of new ranges and design techniques for multiple accounts.
- Help prepare presentation proposals for each customer.
- Able to design to a price point given in original customer brief.
- Attending sales meetings with existing and new customers.
- Liaising with overseas factories.
- Researching catwalk trends from Fashion Weeks, interoperating and designing pieces accordingly.
Person Specifications :
- A Knitwear Degree with a focus on Womenswear.
- Have at least 6 months industry experience.
- Have commercial handwriting and ability to interpret upcoming trends.
- Can demonstrate experience of working in a fast-paced Manufacturer or Retailer.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- CAD, Illustrator and Photoshop proficient.
Please send an up to date Portfolio - displaying key trends for SS19, AW19 with own designs worked on (flat CAD work) and technical packs.
Applications will not be considered without portfolio work.