An exciting opportunity for a Fashion Graduate, newly qualified, to join the team of a well-established trend led manufacturer of ladies' fashion. As part of the Womenswear Design Department, you'll be joining the structured team as a Design Assistant. You will be assisting with design concept through to final product presentation.
You must have a design qualification with experience in Womenswear design background and strong sketching and CAD skills. This is a hands-on, varied role, offering the opportunity to work across a wide range of product categories. They are looking for someone enthusiastic, adaptable, and versatile with potential to grow within the company.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Send out sample swatch packs to buyers.
- Send samples to factories and buyers.
- Building on your fabric knowledge, developing the fabric catalogue, and sourcing trims.
- Assisting Designers with ideas and trend research.
- Prepare showroom for buyers' presentations.
- Maintaining fabric swatch library.
- Conduct research on current and future trends by a collection of different sources to identify newness.
- Must be proficient in Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign.
- A fashion design degree.
- Adaptable and enthusiastic.
- A creative flair and be capable of thinking outside the box.
- Excellent attention to detail and strong organisation skills.