We are working for a fashion supplier based in Manchester who specialise Denim. They are looking for an experienced ladies denim designer, mid - senior level, with experience working for a fashion supplier or retailer. This is a great opportunity to join an expanding team and part of a very large international fashion group.
This role offers flexible hybrid working.
Main responsibilities will include :
- Predominantly ladies design but may need to support girlswear too at times.
- Trend forecasting for UK/USA customers
- Research and design into trend led collections to present to customers regularly
- Attend customer meetings in various locations UK and Ireland
- Commercially aware of new trends and upcoming themes within the denim industry
- Daily contact with overseas offices - Bangladesh, China, Pakistan and Turkey
- Work with the production team to make sure designs are aligned to be manufactured in line with the customers critical path
- Sourcing & developing new fabrics & trims for upcoming seasons
- Supporting Sales with customer presentations and design requests
- Travel overseas may be required throughout the year for trade shows/factory visits.
Person Specification :
- Experienced passionate designer
- In depth knowledge of denim fabrications and wash techniques
- Microsoft office
- Adobe illustrator - to produce strong CADs and tech packs
- Team player but can also work independently if needed.
- Flexible to work in office when required, or can be office based if preferred.
- CLO 3D experience would be a bonus but not essential.