We are recruiting for an exciting new Senior level appointment for our client who are looking for an experienced individual to spearhead and take full ownership of their Bangladesh sourcing hub.
For this role you will need to have a strong apparel background across Ladies , Mens and Childrenswear, working with or for Value Retailers as well as solid working knowledge and experience in Bangladesh. This opportunity allows for autonomy, entrepreneurial and elevated leadership as well as a hand on managerial approach.
In return you will be rewarded with strong management teams and a competitive salary, bonus and package in addition to tremendous growth and career potential.
Main Responsibilities will include:
- Managing overall business operations of the country.
- Supervising all the departments such as Merchandising, Operations, QA, Finance, HR etc
- Overall P&L & budget planning responsibility for the Country
- People Management and Leadership, ensure compliance to the local laws, driving training, developing talent
- Responsible for Production Planning, Quality control systems & Technical support
- Evaluate, drive and monitor the efficiency of the organization's sourcing management for the division.
- Optimize and streamline organizational budgets to ensure delivery, maintain quality standards, and technical requirements
- Develop and leverage strategic business relationships with vendors/suppliers/factories in Bangladesh & India.
- Introduction and onboarding of factories to match the demands of the business
- Enable procurement managers in your team to make data-driven process improvements
- Align procurement process outcomes with the overall organizational goal and strategy
- Knowledgeable with vendor base, compliance measures, and Bangladesh apparel sourcing expertise relating to the business
- Lead contract and price negotiation with vendor matrix
- Interaction with cross-functional teams to push through sourcing objectives
- Manage technical cost reduction through driving efficiencies and agility in the wow and process
- Strong country knowledge with ability to plan ahead and mitigate risk
- Excellent knowledge & experience in apparel manufacturing and retail
- Knowledge of working with or for Value Retailers
- Relevant Bangladesh Work Experience
- Ability to think strategically, drive innovation and market leading ideas
- Excellent commercial awareness and P&L Management
- Strong people management, leadership and talent development
- Ability to build clear, confident, positive communication with colleagues and suppliers
- Able to form relationships, influence and work collaboratively across the business
- Good interpersonal, influencing & organisational skills
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure, quickly and efficiently
- Excellent communication skills & fluent in English - written & verbal