This is a wonderful opportunity to join a leading apparel and homewear supplier to major brands and retailers throughout Europe as their Compliance Manager. You will work as a resource to the company on matters of compliance in your assigned areas of responsibility along with working with buyers to understand their compliance expectations and the team to enhance compliance practices at vendor base on a continuous basis. This role reports to the company's CFO.
Please note this role is based in Lahore, Pakistan.
Main responsibilities will include:
- To oversee all labour related updates & local law to ensure adherence at factory base.
- Actively participate in audits conducted by retail buyers
- Conduct independent labour and HSE audits as a team and to get the results calibrated with customers' compliance experts by providing visibility of compliance at ground level and to help them rate the factories accordingly.
- Conduct preliminary Labor and HSE assessments to facilitate merchandising in their decision making process to accept and good factories and reject the bad ones.
- To monitor that ESH activities are practiced in accordance with land regulation and in comparison, with buyers' code of conduct.
- Tracking reports with Customer on monthly basis
- Share non-conformities/ issues with Department head proactively
- Conduct meetings with factories to resolve issues/ non-conformities
- Address and guide factories to overcome overtime challenges
- Communicate compliance expectations to help factories prepare for customer's compliance audits
- Keep buyers informed of latest compliance situation and help them understand compliance limitation related to our region
- Work both with manufacturer and buyer to obtain the best all round solution to remediate issues through a realistic "Corrective Action Plan" with PDCA (Plan Do Check & Act) approach to ensure sustainability
- To closely work with potential new factories to have them implement customers' compliance requirements from scratch and up lift compliance practices to a level acceptable to customers.
- To coordinate with third parties on compliance audits and facilitate buyers with the audit results.
- To monitor that fair investigation process is carried out in case of workers complaints by using any of the available channels.
- To closely watch workers' rights during workers retrenchment situation.
- To ensure that retrenchment or downsizing process is carried out within legally defined boundaries.
- In-depth knowledge of the industry's standards and regulations
- Excellent knowledge of reporting procedures and record keeping
- Business acumen partnered with a dedication to legality methodical and diligent with outstanding planning abilities.
- Excellent communication skills, reporting skills and have ability to provide comprehensive information to the business and liaise with internal stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Experience in arranging audits and following up on corrective actions.
- A high degree of self-motivation, able to also work autonomously and collaboratively across teams
- Proficient at multi-tasking, working under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Highly organised with excellent attention to detail