A fantastic new opportunity has arisen for one of my clients who is a leading clothing manufacturer looking for an experienced Compliance Manager. This role is an exciting opportunity to be part of a Global team overseeing and collaborating with Technical Managers and teams based in Bangladesh, India, Sri Lanka and China as well as liaising with a diverse customer base from mass market retailers through to new smaller accounts.
The Compliance Manager's role will be to ensure all due diligence and audit standards are met, initiating factory onboarding and overseeing the whole process in a clear and timely manner. My client works with multiple factories across the regions and needs a strong manager to ensure adherence to all legal standards and in-house policies, to work within the relevant country and corporate governance best practices and to provide guidance and support on all compliance matters to the on shore and off-shore teams.
The successful candidate must have proven experience as a Compliance Manager within the Fashion Industry and experience of working with a Supplier and/or UK high street retailers and supermarkets.
Main Duties and responsibilities
- Work with the Business Unit Heads and Off shore Compliance Teams, Factories and Customers to ensure that when on-boarding new factories, all of the required Audits are up to date
- Work with current control systems to oversee Compliance activity to prevent or deal with violations of rules and guidelines (legal or internal) and internal policies.
- Evaluate the efficiency of these control systems and work with the Compliance Director and the off shore based teams to improve them continuously.
- Monitor and regulate the supply chain against Zero tolerance violations such as unapproved sub-contracting, Discrimination, Harassment and Bribery.
- Review audits, reports etc. to identify hidden risks or non-conformity issues. Work with the off shore teams and factories to address any issues found.
- Support the implementation of all Compliance policies.
- Collaborate with the commercial and HR functions to monitor enforcement of standards and regulations.
- Assess all new factory proposals to identify possible Compliance risks.
- Keep abreast of regulatory developments within or outside of the company as well as evolving best practices in Compliance control.
- Understand internal accounting and supply base systems such as SAP, as well as Customer portals for managing Compliance
- Liaise with central compliance coordination teams in order to track audit booking, CAP closures and 3rd party audit scheduling.
- Prepare reports for Senior Management, Customers and external bodies
- Comprehensive knowledge of international labour standards and compliance
- Experience of working with UK high street retailers, knowledge of customers' manufacturing, packaging, fabric and technical requirements.
- Flexibility and willingness to travel.(when permitted)
- In-depth knowledge of the industry's standards and regulations.
- Excellent knowledge of reporting procedures and record keeping.
- Business acumen partnered with a dedication to legality Methodical and diligent with outstanding planning abilities.
- Excellent communication skills, reporting skills and have ability to provide comprehensive information to the business and liaise with internal stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Ability to network, build relationships and collaborate effectively with others.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and part of a team