I am recruiting for an experienced confident Childrenswear Garment Technologist. My client is a successful supplier to several leading retailers and supermarkets in the UK and is looking at expanding their current team. You will need a good understanding of the childrenswear market age 2-16, you will need to be able to drive strategy, and be able to confidently deal with customers as well as liaising with techs overseas.
This is a great role for an experienced childrenswear technologist to develop their career further with strong support from management. A background from either a Retailer or Supplier would be considered for this role. You will need to be used to working in a fast-paced challenging environment and can thrive under pressure as well as work autonomously as well as part of a team.
Main Responsibilities Will Include:
- Responsible for the approval of garments and advising on all aspects of fit, construction, and quality-related issues.
- Driving strategy
- Attending (virtual)or f2f fit meetings with customers and translating the comments to overseas factories
- Creating size specifications and technical packs for issues to factories.
- Working closely within the internal design, sampling, sales, and merchandising teams, and developing strong working relationships with customers' own technical teams.
- Writing fit comments accurately and sending them to overseas factories
- Liaise regularly with customers regarding fit comments, specs/requirements
- Communicate all the information to offshore factories.
- Previous experience working across childrenswear 2-16 years
- Confident dealing with buyers and solving problems
- Knowledge of working with or for High Street Multiples
- Supplier or retail experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good understanding of garment construction
- Ability to work under pressure and to key deadlines on the Critical Path
- Able to give clear concise written comments to factories