My client, a leading British Manufacturer of Men's Ladies and Children's to many well-known retailers in the UK and Europe. I am actively recruiting for an established Children's Casual Outerwear Designer for their London office.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Designer, full of enthusiasm & fresh idea's looking for a change or the next step in their career. You will work across Girls categories designing from toddler to Older Girls for a number of key accounts on the UK High Street.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Being aware of current trends and producing mood/direction boards.
- To design and assist the constant development and coordination of new product ranges, to satisfy market trends and customer needs, in keeping with the character licenses but also offering innovation and fresh approaches to design.
- Preparing sample requests and artwork for putting sampling into work with our factories.
- Working closely with the sales team, attending meetings at Retail and presenting CADs/samples to buyers.
- Design to customer/ sales brief. Work with creative flair whilst understanding prices restraints.
- Sound knowledge of garment construction and safety on children's outerwear essential.
- Excellent knowledge of fabrics/ printing methods and techniques essential.
- Experience designing children's casual outerwear
- Good communication skills essential
- To be proficient on Mac in Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Ability to think outside the box and design commercial, creative multiproduct Childrenswear.
- Good team player.