I am recruiting for a freelance casual outerwear designer for my client who are a successful ladieswear supplier to large fashion retailers in the uk. They are looking for someone 2-3 days a week to start asap for the next few months . A strong ladies casual outerwear commercial portfolio and experience designing for a supplier to the high street is required for this role . You will need to go into the office at least 1 day a week .
Main responsibilities will include:
- Complete trend research, design and develop ranges working with the overseas factories.
- Work closely and liaise with factories in Bangladesh China and Sri Lanka
- Ability to create bestselling ranges.
- Attend meetings with buyers when required. to work in a fast-paced environment, high volume design/development
- Sourcing of new fabrics and trims
- Design experience within ladies' casual outerwear
- Previous supplier experience working with large volume retailers.
- Good understanding of garment costing
- Excellent communication & organisational skills