We have a fantastic new opportunity for a Buying & Operations Co-ordinator to join an incredible agency who manufacture beautiful product for their luxury partners.
Working closely with the Operations manager you will work with a portfolio of luxury brands in the UK and Europe to service their key clients. You need a good understanding of manufacturing in China, luxury clients and the beauty industry.
Main Responsibilities will include:
- Oversee day-to-day operational activities.
- Assists teams with costings and timelines with a strong understanding of critical path management.
- Experience of working directly with Chinese and Indian factories a bonus.
- Knowledge of shipping and distribution channels, will need to schedule and oversee shipping and logistics working closely with the Hong Kong team.
- Manage relationships/agreements with external partners/vendors.
- Work alongside different teams within the company to support their Operations needs.
- Place purchase orders with overseas and domestic vendors/factory partners.
- Manage full order life cycle with global supply base.
- Day to day communication with the customer on all aspects of the order.
- Work alongside different teams within the company, as their operation counterpart.
- Identify optimal shipment and transportation routes with attention to consolidation of warehousing and distribution.
- Monitors the performance of suppliers, assessing their ability to meet quality and delivery requirements.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- 2+ Years of industry experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding organization, communication and people skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Solutions & detailed-oriented
- Ideally some knowledge and understanding of China manufacturing and UK/EU compliance (recommended not required)
- Experience in Beauty and lifestyle would be advantageous but not essential