Our fantastic, fast growing international client is on the search for talented and trend driven Junior Buyers / Buyers and Senior Buyers! Based in Australia, this is a once in a life opportunity!
You'd be buying for a brand that focuses on seasonal trends, feminine silhouettes and detailing contributing towards making women feel confident. The ideal candidate will be looking for a new challenge, as well as the opportunity to step up in their career to spearhead and expand the ladieswear offering, supporting one of Australia's fastest growing ladieswear and accessories brands.
As a key member of the buying team, you will be able to demonstrate commercial awareness, creativity, and a real passion for the brand.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Solid understanding of customer profile, product range & competitors.
- Responsible for strategic planning and negotiating prices to ensure costs are in line with the budget.
- Develop comprehensive understanding of the brand and keep up to date with current trends.
- Build a commercial yet trend lead range in line with the company DNA presenting to Senior Management.
- Have an analytical and forward-thinking mind in order to introduce newness and product updates in line with current products and trends.
- Work collaboratively with other departments on strategic planning to ultimately maximise profit and manage markdown spend to ensure it is kept to a minimum.
- Manage, nurture and develop strong relationships with suppliers.
- Ensure you are up to date on competitor activity.
- Provide support for all areas including trade meetings, margin, product development, samples, cost, delivery, approval of production and trend analysis.
- Oversee the management of the critical path carrying out approvals and fits, dealing with any queries, to ensure shipment dates are met and availability is maximised.
- At least 4 years' experience in a womenswear Buying role.
- Excellent analytical skills and be highly numerate.
- The ability to prioritise and react positively to working under pressure and with changing demands.
- A strong eye for product, detail and emerging trends.
- Positive, enthusiastic, hardworking and a team player with an open-minded approach.
- Excellent communication skills.