An exciting fashion brand is looking for buyers from Junior to Senior levels to join their team. They are looking for someone who can work in a fast-paced, fashion business that is expanding.
You MUST be very focused on the product.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Implementing a focused brand strategy, establishing clear brand positioning in the market and delivering a tailored product range that achieves or exceeds target intake margins and seasonal sales plans.
- Establish and implement a commercial and targeted product range, with attention to benchmarking against competition; key market and catwalk trends, seasonality, historical information, and host identity.
- Ensuring all products meet consumer expectation and achieve a high full-price sell-through increasing profitability.
- To innovate the range by implementing product trials to establish new key product types
- Identify, support and grow key suppliers (including the Far East) through relationship building, product development, and negotiation activity
- Actively seek to improve ways of working that ensure healthy and prosperous business relationships.
- Manage and implement key activities in the "critical path" to ensure the smooth running of the product lifecycle and to guarantee all ranges and product are delivered in line with the appropriately planned phases
- In partnership with the merchandiser, lead weekly trading to increase profitability, planning actions & buys and investments strategy, with reference to analytical data to minimise risk and improve the efficiency of the brand's trade
- Develop first-to-market product ranges which excite the customer and influence the broader commercial fashion market. Take a measured risk, to maximise commercial opportunities from emerging trends
- Establish and build strong relationships with Host contacts to maintain and develop the companies reputation with external parties and customers
- Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent, in an academic or fashion subject or relevant industry experience
- Strong numerical skills used for negotiation and trading.
- Buying experience, developed, implemented and reviewed a strategy and fully completed a trading cycle.
- Sound in-depth knowledge of the fashion jewellery market (the UK and international), brand positioning and trends
- An understanding of current economic situations, impacts of potential threats and competitors
- Knowledge of the manufacturing process and technical terms, sourcing, and negotiation process with direct supply base and manufacturers
- Ability to think through and prioritise products and ranges in the order of commercial potential
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage and delegate own workload, as well as overseeing the work of others.