Due to recent and future growth plans, an exciting opportunity has arisen for an individual wishing to join a busy and expanding design team in Central London for a leading fashion design, manufacture, importer and wholesaler. The successful applicant must have a strong background in specifically boys' wear design, with clear understanding of the Sports / lifestyle sector with a minimum of 3 years experience across the category.
Alongside this it is key the candidate has a strong knowledge and understanding of manufacture within Jersey, Knit and woven categories.
Ideally experience in the age group of 10-16 would be an advantage. This role will also include some travel between offices as required across the UK.
Main Responsibilities Will Include:
- Responsibility to conceptualise, design, tech pack and work with factories to launch a full range of product through salesman samples on multiple categories.
- Developing concise market relevant product within the boy's wear category in a fast turning, up to date and forward-thinking manner.
- Working to clearly understand the businesses needs to create saleable, commercial and exciting ranges alongside a challenging critical path.
- Full understanding and knowledge of market leading boyswear brands and background of processes they use to achieve the product offer.
- Presentation ability of ideas, concepts and designs from initial stage, through to market product launch.
- Clear and well communicated ability to draw and annotate garment tech packs.
- Clear and relevant knowledge of the boyswear sport / lifestyle category including fabric, shape, compositions and design.
- Experience working with manufacturers of multi-products. This will include yarn, dye, fabric construction, wash, finish and trim knowledge.
- An eye for colour, shapes and fabrications within the boys's wear category and a natural ability to build into the seasonal ranges.
- Experience working directly with international factories and a good understanding of the processes within the category.
- Ability to create exciting forward-thinking presentations of ranges to gain sign off internally and from brand.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact across Email, voice and video calls.
- Extensive knowledge of Adobe creative suite including Illustrator and Photoshop is key to progressing in this role.
- Outline knowledge of Excel and ability to input information into spreadsheets.
- A passion for the role with the ability to own design responsibility on two multi product boys's wear brands.
- Heart and drive to become part of a fast-moving team and look to build and develop a career withing the fashion sector.