My client is looking for an experienced Babywear Designer experience designing layette is also advantageous due to recent and future growth plans. This is a very exciting opportunity to work for a leading fashion label importer and wholesaler with ownership of many incredible high street and premium brands. You must be a true Layette and Baby specialist to be suitable for this role.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Developing concise market relevant product within the Layette and Baby categories.
- Working to clearly understand the businesses needs to create saleable and commercial ranges.
- Clear and swift learning of each brand we license in order to achieve the legal requirements across design, brand detail and manufacture.
- Extensive knowledge of the market and clear understanding of best selling categories, colours and price relevance of each to maximise sales.
- Clear and full knowledge of the Layette and baby category including fabric, make up, print techniques all relevant to the market for this age group.
- Experience working with manufacturers of product relating to the job role.
- Folio of direct factories in Europe and the Far east to support your role on the development and realisation of your design through to bulk delivery.
- Ability to create exciting forward-thinking presentations of ranges to gain sign off internally and from brand.
- Ability to form clear tech pack instructions to gain high quality SMS samples for sales and brand launches.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact across Email, voice and video calls.
- Extensive knowledge of Adobe creative suite including Illustrator and Photoshop is key to progressing in this role.
- Outline knowledge of Excel and ability to input information into spreadsheets.
- Good knowledge and understanding of manufacture within this category.