We have an exciting opportunity to join a large premium retailer as an Assistant Accountant. You will ideally have experience working in a Payroll or Retail Accounting position previously. This is a wonderful opportunity to join a supportive and friendly finance team and to be involved with a global and internationally respected business.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Preparation and posting & processing of month end journals as agreed with your manager.
- Reconciliation of all Retail bank accounts to SAP.
- Process all petty cash for stores which are reimbursed during the month.
- Reconcile the daily taking's sheets on a weekly basis and rectify any discrepancies within the month.
- Retail Sales reconciliation of all stores.
- Reconciliation of balance sheet control accounts for retail business.
- Process retail payroll journal and reconcile the balance sheet accounts.
- To order PDQ machines and any other necessary equipment for new stores and events.
- To deal with all queries raised by the stores in a timely manner, to ensure a smooth retail functionality.
- To assist with the preparation of the year-end audit file, year-end account close and auditor requests.
- Any other corrections/adjustments that are required for month end reporting.
- Any other ad hoc projects as requested by the manager and CFO.
- Minimum of 2 years Accounts Payable or retail accounting experience
- Experience in a Financial Accounting would be desirable
- Must have experience of SAP or similar large ERP
- Computer literate with excellent excel skills
- Good communication skills
- Must be a team player yet be able to be work on own initiative and always be proactive
- Must have a 'hands on' approach to the role
- Must have excellent attention to detail and the ability to manage your priorities in line with business needs.