My client is a very well-established, market leading supplier who are seeking an Assistant Garment Technologist to join them to meet the growing demands of their denim and woven ladieswear department.
They manufacture and have long standing relationships with many high street retailers and supermarkets and is a wonderful company to work for, offering progression and growth opportunities.
In this role you'd be supporting and reporting into the Senior Garment Technologist. They are looking for someone who is a go getter with a willingness to learn and very enthusiastic.
- Keeping production critical path up to date, ensuring samples are fit and comments sent out in time.
- Supporting Garment Technologist team with any daily administrative tasks and any adhoc duties.
- Measuring samples, checking the construction and quality of the garments including fabric quality, colours and print.
- Attend fit sessions alongside the Garment Technologist supporting where needed.
- Arranging for product testing to be carried out when needed.
- Working collaboratively buying, design and merchandising keeping in communication with updates.
- Writing notes, comments and updating workbooks, sending to suppliers on daily basis.
- Maintaining excellent fit across all womenswear products
- Manage and support on testing and safety standards ensuring all products meet minimum requirements on testing.
- At least 1-2 years experience working in a similar role.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Packages.
- Be a quick learner with a willingness to learn.
- Must have excellent communication skills, be enthusiastic and self-motivated.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to work under pressure.
- Ideally a degree or equivalent qualification in fashion or clothing technology