I have a number of Assistant Buyer position across Girls and Ladies Jewellery and Accessories. Working with an exciting and popular supplier base din Essex. This wonderfully passionate, friendly and supportive company can offer brilliant development, flexible working and fun environment.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Understand supplier base and detailed product specification,
- To competently negotiate orders,
- To achieve and exceed a balanced target margin,
- Paying fair prices for product without sacrificing the brand positioning and handwriting,
- Ensuring optimal quality and margin are achieved.
- Prepare relevant information and product for meetings to support the building of ranges
- Manage the attribution and listing of products on the range plan and brand line prints, being directly accountable for accuracy.
- Manage and lead projects for the brand
- To prepare and manage samples sent via DHL to suppliers for negotiations and trip preparation/development.
- Manage the critical path from order of range to approval stage.
- Manage and prepare information required for trading and internal meetings, following up with implementation and tracking of relevant actions.
- Influence the buyer with product development that is customer driven and aligns with brand identity, with attention to commerciality, costing and innovation.
- Undertake competition shops to support the buyer
- Research, collate and present market trends and product areas for trend and developmental meetings
- Identify opportunities in the range to support the buyer with improving speed-to-market
- Ensure all administration and systems are accurate and updated in a timely manner
- Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent, in academic or fashion subject and or relevant experience.
- Competent numerical skills for negotiation and trading.
- Fully understand the impact of all range decision on margin % and value for the business.
- Good working ability with relevant IT systems (Microsoft Office).
- Strong and developed understanding of the retail market, fashion trends and brand positioning, both UK and internationally.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate and present, competently and clearly, a good assertive influencer.
- Strong organisational and task management skills, with the ability to manage own workload and oversee the work of others.