We are seeking an enthusiastic, skilled bilingual Analyst with Retail or Grocery experience.
Symphony RetailAI is the global leader in artificial intelligence-enabled solutions for FMCG retailers and CPG manufacturers. From customer intelligence to personalised marketing, and merchandising and category management, to supply chain and retail operations.
You will work as part of a dedicated analytical a team that produces analysis that is timely, accurate, insightful, actionable and closely matched to our clients' needs.
Partnering with more senior analysts you'll help define the scope and objectives for the analysis, work through the project including: manipulation, analysis and validation of data, and development of final client deliverables.
Projects may include developing customer insights to evaluate brand, category and retailer performance opportunities, providing recommendations to suppliers, category managers and/or analytics managers. Consulting experience will be helpful when working with Category Managers to develop effective, insights-based analysis and actionable propositions.
Support the client manager in day-to-day activities on pricing, promotion, assortment analysis and monthly reporting.
Location: Milan or London and necessary travel between locations to support client activities.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Conduct analysis on transactional and loyalty card data through SAS, SQL, Excel and other Symphony RetailAI tools as required
- Translate high level analytical requirements into specific analysis steps and plans
- Distils key insights from analysis, providing clear, actionable analytical insight output and recommendations
- Work closely with the client lead and other analytical teams to support effective project delivery
- Present the results of your analysis to the client as required.
- Deliver monthly performance reports for suppliers or category managers
- Demonstrate a proactive approach to problems and identify appropriate solutions
- Develop subject matter expertise with Symphony RetailAI tools around promotions, assortment and customer insights. Using these to deliver actionable insights to suppliers and/or category managers
- Prior retail grocery experience
- A proven background working with and analysing large volumes of data
- Solid understanding of database principles and the efficiencies required
- Strong experience of SQL programming language to analyse large and complex data
- Ability to plan and manage your own time to ensure your components of projects are delivered to deadlines
- Familiarity with basic statistical measures such as average, deviations, correlation and regression (essential)
- Ability to explain analytical work in a logical way which can be understood by a non-analytical audience
- Ability to create clear, concise and actionable materials for the client
- Proficient with MS Office, in particular Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- A degree in a Scientific, Statistical or Mathematical related field would be preferred
- Knowledge of SAS would be a plus
- Highly motivated proactive self-starter with ability to take initiative, who can work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Able to work accurately in a high-pressure environment to tight deadlines
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills in Italian and English
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Self-motivated, proactive and energetic