We're recruiting for a Legal Administrator to join a well-established, successful law firm, based in Elstree, Hertfordshire
Our client, experts in their field, are a modern and innovative legal firm. They believe firmly in developing their staff and recognising their achievements. You will be joining a warm, friendly and social team environment.
This role will see you supporting fee earners in the company, providing a fully effective service to clients by progressing client files, also offering secretarial and administrative assistance where needed.
This role will be working in the companies Property Department.
Main Responsibilities Will Include:
- Progressing the matter file under the solicitor's instructions. This may include amongst other things legal research, drafting letters, preparing planning applications and appeal forms.
- To ensure that work sent to clients and related parties is correctly prepared in accordance with the firm's standards and precedents and the Solicitor's instructions.
- Report complaints from clients or third parties to the Team Leader.
- Maintaining control of the Solicitors caseload to ensure that standards of matter conduct, file management, administration, and accounting are maintained at all times.
- Assist Conveyancer/s to bill all matters promptly and accurately; to maintain a justifiable and accurate level of work-in-progress; to pay and collect disbursements in accordance with professional and internal practice; to properly account for all client monies and effect transfers from client to office account when appropriate.
- Providing updates to and responding to enquiries from clients and agents, brokers, lenders and other parties' representatives.
- Maintain Solicitors diary and make appointments
- Liaison with the Accounts Department as appropriate to ensure timely and accurate accounts administration, including receiving cheques, entering on file and passing to accounts.
- Creative problem-solving ability.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good grasp of grammar and spelling.
- Computer Literacy in relevant software packages.
- Ability to multi-task, organise, prioritise and plan.
- Ability to work calmly under pressure and with a demanding workload.
- Confident with the ability to interface and develop relationships with a variety of people.
- Organisation skills including the ability to prioritise work.
- Professional appearance.