Our client is a leading supplier and design led manufacturer within the footwear industry supplying to all well-known high street and volume retailers.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Account Manager with key knowledge and experience in footwear supplying to the major supermarket retailers.
The position requires a highly motivated, commercially aware individual with excellent communication skills and a proven ability to drive and develop existing customer base.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Manage existing long term business relationships with a view to develop further expansion.
- Actively research new potential business opportunities through networking and market understanding.
- Working alongside the design and merchandising teams to ensure customers receive accurate and cost effective product design.
- Providing cost solutions when required, in line with quality requirements, safety aspects and trend specific to footwear sector.
- Constantly keep up to date with existing competition, routes to market and key innovations that will keep clients one step ahead.
- Identify new products and service opportunities to grow the business.
- Proven track record in sales within footwear is desirable
- Direct involvement with the UK High Street or volume retailers is a plus
- Excellent eye for detail
- Ability to problem solve.
- Strong organisational skills
- Must be able to create and head up product presentations.
- Must possess excellent inter personal and communication (both verbal and written) skills
- Able to project manage mid to long term projects, evaluate strategic options, set and achieve targets.
- Ability to prioritise and multi-task