I've got a fantastic new role with a successful client of mine who is a leading supplier to Inditex. They are looking for a strong, motivated and creative Womenswear Jersey Designer to join their expanding team based in London.
This role will be working across a mixture of market leading high street retailers such as Zara, Bershka, Mango to name a few. You'll need to be enthusiastic with a real "can do" attitude who is product-driven and ambitious.
This role does demand travel every few months over to Barcelona and once a year to Asia. Ideally they are looking for someone who has worked with Inditex before, this is advantageous not a necessity.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Create and develop trend lead product designs tailored to the company's handwriting.
- Creating on-trend, forward-thinking yet commercial womenswear designs keeping in line with the buyer's briefs.
- Constantly be researching the latest trends across social media, Instagram, Tik Tok, Blogs, WGSN, catwalks - all platforms.
- Work closely with the fabric and print team to implement direction and innovation for the season.
- Communicating effectively with all internal and external teams.
- Overseeing the development of all sampling ensuring deadlines are met.
- Liaise with overseas factories.
- Able to produce high quality work to targets and tight deadline.
- At least 3 years womenswear jersey design experience, preferably with a knowledge and understanding of Zara's handwriting.
- A strong understanding of the current high street, trends and the ability to look forward and anticipate new trends.
- Must be comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong on computer programs including Adobe and Illustrator.
- Willingness to travel abroad.
- Good communication skills and a confident presenter.
- A hands-on can-do attitude, someone who is innovative, with a fun personality who can inspire others.
- Creative and enthusiastic.