We've got a fabulous new role, we are looking for a Womenswear Casual Jersey Designer who is looking to work for a trend lead, established and innovative supplier based in Leicester.
They have a vast number of big clients from renowned fashion retailers, supermarkets and brands. They are looking for an established and creative Womenswear Jersey Designer to work alongside the Sales Account Manager to help grow their brand.
This person must already be a strong jersey designer and preferably would have supplier experience working on supermarket and high street retailer accounts. They are looking for someone who is great at identifying latest trends, have strong CAD skills and can create commercial best-selling designs.
Main Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Create mood boards colour palette, design, fabric board and trim boards and final tech packs.
- Identify emerging fashion trends, reviewing the catwalks, creating on-trend yet commercial ladieswear designs keeping in line with the buyer's briefs.
- Ability to create bestselling commercial casual jersey ranges.
- Be customer facing, leading design meetings alongside the Sales Manager when presenting designs to clients.
- Liaise with factories daily, keep up to date with all samples and queries.
- Required to work in a fast-paced environment, high volume design/development.
- Pattern/AOP print design skills is not necessary but advantageous.
- 3+ years as a jersey multi product designer across supplier or retailer side.
- Strong CAD skills, highly competent Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop skills
- Preferably has contacts within leading supermarkets.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Highly organised and able to work to tight deadlines.
- Fun personality, someone who is honest and kind, has initiative and likes a good team atmosphere.
- A strong understanding of the current high street trends and the ability to look forward and anticipate new trends.