We've got an exciting new opportunity with a sustainable clothing brand who manufacturer in the UK and can offer a great culture and work life balance.
Based in Cornwall, they are seeking a Womenswear Designer across multi-product to join their growing brand. Reporting to the Head of Product, you will develop a range which reflects the customer needs and encompasses the brand handwriting. They only ever use natural, sustainable materials, and keep production miles to a minimum.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone to be part of a company that focuses on a family feel, positive, sustainability and encourages a good work life balance.
Main Responsibilities will Include:
- Ability to translate initial ideas & concepts into commercial designs which reflects the brands DNA.
- Develop a range of products, working alongside the production team to develop and overarching theme, feel and direction for the season.
- Source fabrications and work closely with the supply based to develop suitable sustainable styles for the brand.
- Research fashion trends, producing trend boards, catwalks, and sketches.
- Create detailed technical packs.
- Attend and run fit sessions, ensure a great quality of fit.
- Research fashion trends, producing trend boards, catwalks, and direction for the season, reviewing competitor activity.
- Manage Sampling and Development of Critical Path.
- Presenting to Senior Management.
- Travel to shows and on inspirational trips.
- Ideally 4 years+ womenswear Design Experience.
- Friendly, a team player and positive, with the ability to gel in the family feel of this brand.
- Positive role model and proactive.
- Passionate about creating measurable positive change within the fashion industry.
- Must have a strong commercial eye, and an ability to interpret trends.
- Excellent CAD skills.
- High level of technical understanding across garment construction.