Due to rapid expansion and growth of multiple brands, we currently have an exciting opportunity for an Essentials Designer to join a fast-paced business working across lingerie, nightwear and loungewear. Based in London, they are looking for someone who is self-motivated, creative and can design and develop a trend lead, high impact womens essentials range. The desired lingerie aesthetic is non wired, non lacey but instead more jersey focused.
Main Responsibilities Will Include:
- Designing strong, trend lead and commercial ranges for womenswear essentials across lingerie, nightwear and loungewear.
- Being aware of current trends and producing mood/direction boards, keeping up to date with latest colours, concepts and key shapes.
- Constantly upgrade the fabric quality, fitting and product according to the trend and market demands
- Constantly source latest fabrics, trims and treatments with a good fabric understanding.
- You will be highly creative and trend driven, with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and deadline pressure.
- Preparing designs/ technical detailed packs and artwork for sampling.
- Following designs from the first sample stage through to production.
- Maintaining the company identity and develop its product portfolio.
- Liaise with overseas factories.
- At least 3 years of womenswear essentials experience.
- Excellent knowledge of fabrics and attention to detail is an absolute must.
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe programs (Photoshop/ Illustrator).
- Ability to think outside the box and design commercial, creative essentials.
- Good communication skills with the ability to communicate across all levels.
- Good team player, highly motivated and inspiring.
- Creative design flair/ Strong sense for fast moving trends.