An opportunity has arisen for my client a fashion company who are looking for a Technical & Sales Support Assistant to join their UK head office, based in Watford. They are looking for a candidate who must be willing to learn and be self-motivated. The Technical Sales Support Assistant will be responsible for assisting the Sales Manager in all functions including garment technology. The responsibilities of the role are varied, from managing prototype trims, assisting in getting garments ready for fittings to administrative support.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Update and monitor critical paths.
- Checking and follow order status with factories
- To communicate with customers and Far East teams via email and telephone
- Chase samples to ensure they arrive to the agreed deadline
- Steam and package samples for delivery to customers
- Prepare showroom for customer meetings
- To manage the Garment Technical function in line with critical path requirements
- Assess technical issues, which could delay the critical path
- Create risk assessments for all styles on order and provide a list of test requirements based on the product and buyer manuals
- Ensure the following fittings are carried out with them in line with the customer requirements:
- Interface with all customers on all Garment Technical matters
- Maintain effective dialogue with overseas technologists in all technical and quality requirements for each style as required by the customer
- Travel may be required within the UK and overseas
- To provide administrative support to the team
- Have 1 year of experience as a technical assistant or in a similar role
- Excellent MS Office skills especially Word and Excel, with some PowerPoint an advantage
- Willingness to learn
- Have excellent communication skills – oral and written
- Capable of working under pressure and on own initiative with a flexible approach to the workload
- Strong organisational skills
- Be a team player
- Experience in the garment/fashion business with knowledge of the production cycle in factories in China, Bangladesh & India - desirable.
- Technical ability with knowledge of garment make-up and production methods with knowledge of fit on mannequins and pattern alteration.
- Have a good working knowledge of customer quality standards
- Strong interpersonal and people management skills
- Full UK Driving Licence - preferable