Looking for a change of lifestyle? Our client is an established supplier delivering trend-driven fast fashion to all major US and UK retailers. This is an unmissable opportunity to join a large company thriving in today's market. With their Headquarters based in Hong Kong and office across major cities such as in New York and London, they are looking for a strong Senior Product Developer specialising in Casual, Active and Denim wear within Womenswear. Your role will entail producing a line each season with monthly drops of new exciting products, catering exclusively to the private label brands of all major retailers that we supply to.
Main Responsibilities will include:
- Line manage Co-ordinator and Fabric Co-ordinator
- Manage a team to put together a line and handle independent Fabric development, Wash development and CAD for Print and Embellishment.
- Coordinate and participate in development meetings to happen in-line with seasonal calendars, be aware of materials being developed
- The person should have good experience in market research and be able to coordinate with the Design Teams of the major retailers we supply to.
- Ensure development is returned in time for deadlines set and review with co-ordinators on receipt.
- Coordinate and participate in Development/ Swatch Edits and Selection meetings
- Oversee that all information is collected for selected materials and that relevant databases/ filing are updated in UK office and reference sent to FE office
- Ensure that due diligence (base tests and wearer trials) are actioned on new materials when required (hotlist and ongoing)
- Review initial due diligence and any further actions required with Co-ordinators.
- Involve relevant parties and gain input were required for an issue (merch, tech, etc)
- Co-ordinate meetings to communicate material updates to teams across the business
- Provide regular reports to senior management regarding material sampling figures and review against bulk material reports
- The requirement would be for someone that has 7+ years experience in Women's apparel
Bachelors degree holder in Fashion Design or Product Development,
- Exposure and experience working with the US or UK markets.
Confident in managing and maintaining customer relationships and managing projects
- Strong organization and communication skills - ability to collaborate with multiple departments to achieve company objectives
- Excellent market knowledge and trend awareness with an elevated taste level with the ability to translate this to commercial products appropriate for specific customers.
- Firm understanding of fabrication and trims
General to advanced understanding of garment structure and specs
- Proficient in Adobe AI, Photoshop and MS Office applications
- Proficient in computer sketching, creating tech packs and sample development tracking
- Excellent written and spoken English