We have a great new creative opportunity and are looking for a Senior Pattern Cutter to produce patterns for a luxury brand!!
Based in London they are looking for someone who can collaborate with Designers, Developers and the Production Team to enable each collection to be delivered on time according to the seasonal plan.
With meticulous attention to detail you will attend pattern briefings and oversee the manufacture of samples, proto, SMS as well as red and gold seals.
This role is offering a competitive salary, generous holiday, health and life insurance, clothing allowance as well as other perks and benefits.
Main Specifications include:
- Attend pattern briefings with Designers to ensure the accurate interpretation of their sketches to create and cut patterns.
- Produce full graded specifications, card production patterns with shrinkage added if required, and liaise with external grader to produce full graded sets.
- Provide support and recommend solutions to patterns and garment tech during fitting sessions and make amendments.
- Develop, supervise and mentor the Production and Pattern Assistant during their internship, delegating tasks so they develop agreed skills.
- Prepare accurate dockets to brief the Cutter and Sample Machinists and liaise with them on alterations to patterns to help make the production of garments more efficient.
- Undertake pattern alterations in preparation for the production samples.
- Oversee manufacture all samples in the production process to design specification on trim, wash and fabrication in line with the critical path..
- Demonstrate precision in the cutting of the patterns to make toiles, either by hand or digitally.
- Ensure all administration associated with the role is kept up to date and accessible on relevant spreadsheets and databases.
- Strong Pattern Cutter with luxury experience across womenswear and menswear.
- Ability to work with card and digital patterns e.g. Gerber
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Have a positive and pro-active attitude.
- Willing to take initiative and recommend any improvements of changes.
- Good understanding of written and spoken English.
- High level computer literacy, particularly Office package (including Excel), SAP and WFX (or equivalent)
- A team player who can work collaboratively with key stakeholders, designers, quality control and rest of production team to meet deadlines.