A great opportunity has arisen for a Senior Merchandiser to join a well-established market leading supplier of fashion product. This is a company with a great team culture searching for an experienced merchandiser to manage and maximise sales and stock opportunities and recognise and potentilise new trends within the market. The right candidate with be analytical and a competent problem solver who can provide detail and accuracy withing a fast-paced environment. Experience of dealing with large scale retailers and multi-channel ways of working, is required. The successful candidate will be a strong people manager with a track record of working in high performing teams.
Main Responsibilities will include:
- Managing stock, critical path, deliveries and Mark down plans.
- Experience with launching new ranges and brands.
- Managing WSSI and flex to trading patterns to potentialise full price sales and minimise markdown.
- Understand and implement the company strategy, developing departmental strategies with internal teams and peers.
- Strong trading mentality with events, trading and promotions to drive sales and deliver against the plan. Lead weekly departmental trade meetings
- Managing option plans and ranging.
- Regularly review risks and opportunities to increase sales and profit.
- Build Business Relationships with clear communication and strong collaboration.
- Work closely Retail Teams to maintain high standards of visual merchandising and managing deliveries for launches.
- Team management and mentoring junior colleagues.
- Strong collaboration with all functions.
- Relevant merchandising experience
- A strong team player who works collaboratively across divisions and work streams to achieve the best results for customers and colleagues.
- A strong people manager who creates a positive working environment and inspires their team.
- A positive and professional approach
- Highly analytical and numerate.
- Confident and good leadership and influencing skills
- Market aware and love of product.