We are recruiting for an exciting new Senior Manager across Technical and Quality for our client who are looking for an experienced individual to support the Country Head of their Bangladesh sourcing hub.
As the Technical & Quality manager you will be responsible for overseeing the delivery of the product and quality standards in-line with retailer requirements and contracted orders. You will lead and inspire team to own and drive the quality agenda contributing to the overall business agenda.
You will define industry leading standards and implement new ways of working to operate efficiently and deliver product in-line with expected standards.
In return you will be rewarded with a competitive salary, bonus and package in addition to tremendous growth and career potential.
Main Responsibilities will include:
- Drive consistency of quality compliance and standards in accordance with customer expectations.
- Execute objectives inline with company requirements & quality metrics including fit, fabric, colour, testing, customer returns and cost of quality with action planning to ensure compliance
- Define & execute quality & technical processes with regular reviews
- Review and approve samples, such as style, construction, workmanship and quality, measurement to ensure that they meet product specifications
- Provide technical advice and support to factories, customers, merchandising team and technical team
- Identify and resolve sample issues such as workmanship and measurements, etc
- Take the ownership of Quality KPI's in terms of reporting, the responsibility for performance and the analysis of data to drive improvement strategies
- Recommend the process simplification & cost saving alternative options to the buyer
- Managing and developing team driving high potential talent
- Should be a team player and involve from product development stage to work on risk analysis and suggest suitable precautions for smooth execution of bulk orders
- Product Engineering (Knowledge of Fabrication and behaviour, Knowledge of Machinery, foresee production difficulty during initial sample stage and propose alternative options)
- Good overall knowledge of end-to-end manufacturing, supply chain & fashion retail.
- Experience in manufacturing industry with sound merchandising experience.
- Ability to think strategically, drive innovation and market leading ideas.
- Build clear, confident, positive communication with company colleagues and suppliers with the ability to form relationships, influence and work collaboratively across the business.
- Strong costings and negotiation knowledge and experience.
- Demonstrate strong people management and leadership skills.
- Good Interpersonal skills - You must be enthusiastic, well presented with excellent organisation skills.
- Excellent communication skills & fluent in English - written & verbal.