We are recruiting for an exciting new Senior Manager across Production for our client who are looking for an experienced individual to support the Country Head of their Bangladesh sourcing hub.
The role of the Production manager will be responsible for overseeing the creation of clothing and other textile products end to end from initial design concept to shipment. Key requirements will be to work as a direct liaison between the retailer and the in-country factories managing product development, supplier performance and capacities, overall critical path and ensuring an efficient and effective process and way of working to delivery on time goods cost effectively.
You will manage a team of product development managers, product merchandisers, commercial managers, shipping and logistics manager and in conjunction with other professionals across the supply chain.
Main Responsibilities will include:
- Provide strong market intelligence with a deep understand of key trends & innovation to support retail sourcing strategy
- Ensure self and team have a clear understanding of customer profiles and product requirements.
- Understand and deliver supplier capacity targets, managing & maintain critical path for all orders
- With team prepare textile and apparel production plans weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis
- Responsible for Product development, order booking, pre-production activities and logistics
- Work with factories to manage all components for each order monitoring progress
- Ensure that apparel production lines are properly balanced for target output
- Co-ordinate with all concerned parties so that clothing or textile production progresses as per plan Creating products in response to given briefs
- Effectively evaluating, identifying, and selecting current suppliers/factories & introducing new factories
- Ensuring that products meet set requirements and specifications in conjunction with the quality team
- Managing and developing team driving high potential talent
- Good overall knowledge of end-to-end manufacturing, supply chain & fashion retail
- Experience in manufacturing industry with sound merchandising experience
- Ability to think strategically, drive innovation and market leading ideas
- Build clear, confident, positive communication with company colleagues and suppliers with the ability to form relationships, influence and work collaboratively across the business
- Strong costings and negotiation knowledge and experience
- Demonstrate strong people management and leadership skills
- Good Interpersonal skills - You must be enthusiastic, well presented with excellent organisation skills
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure, quickly and efficiently
- Excellent communication skills & fluent in English - written & verbal