We are looking for a skilled and technical Senior Knitwear Designer with a high standard design aesthetic. You will ensure design vision is translated into knitwear product from concept to execution.
You will have excellent team skills, strong product sensitivity, knowledge of knitwear, yarns and yarn mills, all underpinned with a balance of being highly creative with strong attention to detail.
Based in London this role offers hybrid working.
To be considered for this role you must have experience working for either a premium or luxury brand.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Understand the creative vision of the brand, as directed by the Design Director.
- Responsible for developing the entire Knitwear collection from concept to execution in line with brand vision.
- Staying up to date with the latest knitwear design trends, to enhance brand identity and keep ahead of competitors.
- Attend garment fittings and collaborate with the technical team ensuring garments are fit to an excellent standard.
- Create sketches and technical drawings, sourcing innovative and desirable yarns, designing and developing swatches.
- Support the Senior Designer in producing seasonal concepts, mood boards and styling propositions in collaboration with the other designers.
Key Skills and Requirements:
- Proven experience at senior designer level across knitwear within the premium or luxury womenswear sector.
- A strong technical understanding of yarns and knitwear garment construction and capabilities.
- Ability to work both as a team and independently in a creative capacity when required.
- Strong interest in fashion and culture, current and historical.
- Proficiency in industry-standard design software.