Due to exciting growth I am currently recruiting a Senior Buyers Assistant to join a large business who supply Jewellery and Accessories to the global high street and volume retailers. You will work with the buying team and wider business, to manage and maintain orders and samples in line with the brand's critical path, using email and telephone communications to liaise with suppliers, internal and external departments. To fulfil any other administrative duties, which may be reasonably required by the business.
Main Responsibilities will include:
- Manage live purchase orders through the product life cycle. Liaising with suppliers and the buyer to ensure necessary compliance and achievement of deadlines.
- Ensure correspondence is managed in a timely, concise and clear manner, with correct associated order details and delivery dates.
- Manage and organise all brand samples that arrive in the business, ensuring products are stored correctly and all areas kept tidy and accessible. Collate samples to be sent internally and externally.
- Support the team with relevant administrative tasks including preparing sample boards and documents for both internal and external meetings.
- Maintain the commitment and buy boards for the brand, with all relevant information clearly displayed, up to date and readily available, whilst also maintaining relevant digital sample libraries.
- Maintain the online process, writing descriptions in a customer friendly manner, that fit with the brand profile, for product that will be sold online and arrange samples to be photographed.
- Support the Buyer with product development that is customer driven and aligns with brand identity, with relevant attention to commerciality, costing and innovation.
- Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent, in an academic or fashion subject
- 1 year experience in a BA role is preferred but not essential
- Competent numerical skills for negotiating and trading
- Good working ability with relevant IT systems (Microsoft Office)
- Good understanding of the retail market, fashion trends and brand positioning
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate competently and clearly, both written and verbal
- Strong organisational and task management skill