We have an exciting opportunity for you! Fancy relocating? Our fantastic, fast growing international client is on the search for talented, proactive and trend driven Senior Buyer across Outerwear! Based in Australia, this is a once in a life opportunity!
The ideal candidate will be able to seek out the newest trends across women's fashion in line with the company's strategy and be the link between design and production, ultimately to deliver a product range that follows brand vision. You'd be buying for a brand that focuses on seasonal trends, feminine silhouettes and detailing contributing towards making women feel confident.
As a key member of the buying team, you will be able to demonstrate commercial awareness, creativity, and a real passion for the brand. This role offers a competitive salary and relocation package. Please note the salary is in AUD.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Solid understanding of customer profile and market, ensuring that all markets receive a commercially balanced range.
- Analyse trade performance, extracting key messages to make trading decisions to drive department performance.
- Responsible for strategic planning and negotiating prices to ensure costs are in line with the budget.
- Develop comprehensive understanding of the brand and keep up to date with current trends.
- Build a commercial yet trend lead range of Jackets & Coats in line with the company DNA presenting to Senior Management.
- Ensure brief dates and critical path are met by working closely with design, maintaining regular communication with design team.
- Work collaboratively with other departments on strategic planning to ultimately maximise profit and manage markdown spend to ensure it is kept to a minimum.
- Manage, nurture and develop strong relationships with suppliers.
- Demonstrate a sound knowledge and understanding of local and overseas competitor activity.
- Provide support for all areas including trade meetings, margin, product development, samples, cost, delivery, approval of production and trend analysis.
- Proven track record at Buyer level across womenswear.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Results driven and ability to multitask.
- A strong eye for product, detail and emerging trends.
- Positive, enthusiastic, hardworking and a team player with an open-minded approach.
- Outstanding organisational and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills.