A fantastic opportunity has arisen for my client who supplies seamless premium knitwear to retailers and brands solely based in the UK. They are growing their team and looking for a Quality Control Officer to inspect completed work and/or work in progress to determine whether the work meets specifications.
They want someone who is a highly motivated and organised with great attention to detail who is responsible for developing quality controlling procedures for the whole factory and ensure the required quality is achieved by the knitters/machinists and pressers.
Main Responsibilities include:
- Inspecting samples using industry-appropriate methods, such as comparing to standards, measuring dimensions and examining functionality.
- Checking that the assembly or production line adheres to standards and procedures and complying with legal requirements.
- Review customer requirements and making sure they are met.
- Manage any repairs required on production.
- Look at ways to reduce waste and increase efficiency.
- Monitor factory and supplier performance by gathering relevant data and producing statistical reports.
- Analyse returns due to quality issues and ensure issues are resolved and not repeated. Resolve any issues with the production line and advise on solutions where necessary to fix any production problems advised.
- Audit of the packed goods prior to offering shipment to buyer QA.
- Previous experience of working in quality control within the fashion industry preferably within knitwear.
- Good problem-solving skills and ability to perform under pressure.
- Sound knowledge of quality assurance and quality control procedures.
- Strong communication and administration skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Knowledge of factory working processes and production processes.
- Good commercial awareness.
- Good prioritisation and organisation skills.
- Ability to travel to all factories as required is essential in order to carry out this role effectively.