We've got a fantastic new opportunity looking for a Production Manager / Senior Merchandiser across knitwear to join a market leading supplier!
Based in Leicester, we are working with a growing supplier who's going from strength to strength and looking for someone to manage and oversee the Technical team, working very closely with suppliers to plan a production schedule to hit the required delivery dates.
A solid understanding of critical path and sound knitwear knowledge is crucial in this role. This company offers a competitive salary, flexible working and many perks and benefits.
Main Responsibilities will include:
- Strong understanding of critical path, to plan a production schedule to hit the required delivery dates.
- Manage sample lead times and packing notes.
- Monitor the whole production processes and adjust delivery schedules as needed.
- Work collaboratively with Account Managers, Designers and Technical ensuring effective running of production.
- Running and managing the Technical team to ensure production plan is met, adjust production plans as needed.
- Undertake supplier visits both in the UK and internationally.
- Work closely with internal colleagues to manage orders including yarn orders, label orders and costings.
- Liaise with forwarders ensuring relevant paper work is passed onto the shipping line and clearing agent.
- Ensure all goods meet the required quality standards.
- Ensure that health and safety guidelines are followed at all times.
- Solid knitwear technical knowledge and understanding.
- Willingness to travel.
- Highly organised and capable of working to and managing deadlines.
- At least 5 years' experience in a similar role is essential.
- Proficient in Microsoft Offices packages, particularly in Excel.
- Excellent communication skills with all levels of the business.
- Good time management and prioritisation skills.