We are working closely with a lovely stylish luxury homeware brand who are looking for a Product Developer across homeware to join their business.
This is a rare opportunity where you'll work closely with the Founder of the business to develop the growing collection of homewares products, from concept to finished product. You will be responsible for interpreting the Founders aesthetic and design vision and translating this from initial concept through to finished product.
Based in London you will be part of a lovely team with a positive office culture and creative environment.
Main Responsibilities will include:
- Understanding and interpreting Creative Director's aesthetic and design vision and translating this from initial concept through to finished product.
- Act as the technical partner for design, providing feedback on technical feasibility, brainstorming ideas and solutions to ensure the design vision is translated into useable product.
- Build and manage the critical path from concept to production with design and manufacturers.
- Ensure deadlines are adhered to and follow up on all prototype/sample issues to resolve and drive to completion. Identifying, calling out and making recommendations to mitigate any risks/challenges identified at all stage.
- Able to build and manage a budget with commercial awareness and understanding of product cost, achieving a balance between creativity and commercial implications throughout the product development process.
- Manage all supplier relationships, working with manufacturers to negotiate and calculate costs for prototypes, samples and production runs.
- Bring a wealth of supply chain knowledge as well as seek out new suppliers and develop strong relationships with potential partners.
- Order prototypes and sampling raw materials directly from manufacturer.
- Ideally 3 years demonstrated experience in a similar product development or buying role.
- Computer literate, comfortable working on Excel & Adobe.
- In depth knowledge of the homewares market and products in relevant category - knowledge of trends, the market, the luxury consumer and peer awareness.
- Pro-active, enthusiastic who is open to working for a fast pace creative business.
- Willingness to travel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and people skills.