Since 1975, Penfield has been made for life in the open.
An exciting opportunity to join the progressive and growing Penfield design team in London has come up. This opportunity is to offer the chance to be at the helm of womenswear and the future progression of the brand.
The new Penfield team member will already be a specialist in outerwear with a passion to learn, develop and grow within the brand. Multi product is also important as it will be a role taking full responsibility for the complete brand offer on Womenswear for the future seasons.
The role will be based in the ever-growing London Design Studios with a highly reputable global business offering growth and progression opportunities.
Outline and Intro to Role
- Passion to build on and elevate the Penfield women's wear ranges for the future.
- Heart, capability, and drive to grow, succeed and own an opportunity.
- Full responsibility to guide the brand into the future regarding fabric, shape, fit and aesthetics.
- Minimum of 4 years design experience with excellent multiproduct knowledge including outerwear, woven categories, fabrics, trims, and details as well as a good understanding of garment construction.
- You will be highly creative, and trend driven, with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and deadline pressure in line with clear critical path.
- You will have the ability to take initiative and work as part of a team, with good communication skills and excellent knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Clear understanding of market competitors, adjacencies, and aspirations.
- Ability to work on seeing new trends in market and speed to bring into the brand and elevate the offer already in place.
- Strong portfolio demonstrating exceptional talent and feeling relevant to the brand Penfield.
- A passionate and trend driven designer with a clear commercial understanding.
- Creative design flair/ Strong sense for key brand relevant trends.
- In depth knowledge and understanding of fabrics and attention to details is key.
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe programs (Photoshop/ Illustrator)
- User knowledge of Microsoft Office and PowerPoint
- Strong team player with a love of fashion and clear ability to work both internally and externally to grow the brand.
- English skills (minimum communication level), both written and spoken