Are you looking for a role to further develop your career as an Outerwear designer?
If so, my client is looking for a middleweight ladieswear outerwear designer who has strong presentation and leadership skills to join their existing team.
They currently supply to several leading high street retailers, producing trend focused designs.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Deputising for Head of Design at buyer meetings and presenting when needed
- Commercially identifying fabric/styles appropriate to the business
- Confidently initiate the design and development from concept to production
- Undertake regular comparative shop reports and fashion trends
- International travel including Trade Exhibitions
- Working closely with suppliers, buyers and technologists to create commercial products.
- Ability to work effectively with customer design briefs.
- Several years' experience as an Outerwear Designer from either supplier or retail background.
- Excellent trend and catwalk knowledge with the ability to translate in to commercial designs.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Able to use initiative, as well as work in a team
- Good technical specs/attention to detail.
- CAD skills essential