Due to recent and future growth plans, an exciting opportunity has arisen for an individual wishing to join a busy and expanding design team in Central London for a leading fashion brand. This role will be responsible for the design of Denim, and multi products including hoodies, sweats, T's and Outerwear. This is designing for the youth market so the ideal background would be in younger mens or older boys
Main Responsibilities Will Include:
- Responsibility to conceptualise, design, tech pack and work with factories to launch a full range of product through salesman samples on multiple categories.
- Developing concise market relevant products in a fast turning, up to date and forward-thinking manner.
- Working to clearly understand the businesses needs to create saleable, commercial and exciting ranges alongside a challenging critical path.
- Full understanding and knowledge of market leading brands and background of processes they use to achieve the product offer.
- Presentation ability of ideas, concepts and designs from initial stage, through to market product launch.
- Clear and well communicated ability to draw and annotate garment tech packs.
- Clear and relevant knowledge of the lifestyle category including fabric, shape, compositions and design.
- Experience working with manufacturers of multi-products. This will include yarn, dye, fabric construction, wash, finish and trim knowledge.
- Minimum of 3 years mens or boyswear design experience
- An eye for colour, shapes and fabrications and a natural ability to build into the seasonal ranges.
- Experience working directly with international factories and a good understanding of the processes within the category.
- Ability to create exciting forward-thinking presentations of ranges to gain sign off internally and from brand.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact across Email, voice and video calls.
- Extensive knowledge of Adobe creative suite including Illustrator and Photoshop is key to progressing in this role.
- Outline knowledge of Excel and ability to input information into spreadsheets.
- Heart and drive to become part of a fast-moving team and look to build and develop a career withing the fashion sector.