A fantastic new role that has just come in! Our client is an established leading supplier across ladies, mens and kids supplying to a variety of supermarkets and high street retailers. They are looking for a Fashion Jersey Designer to join their ladieswear team. You will need to be extremely trend drive with flair and a passion for Jersey.
Main Responsibilities will Include :
- Designing and developing jersey product for a number of high-profile high-street retailers
- Supporting and Working with the Design team on multiple accounts to design commercial, fashion-led jerseywear
- Ability to translate initial ideas & concepts into commercial designs
- Liaise with our overseas factories and to produce detailed design sheets for sampling
- Attend customer meetings and work to set briefs.
- Manage Sampling and Development of Critical Path
- Weekly reports looking at the latest trends
- Understand garment construction and production constraints.
- Sourcing new fabrics and developing newness.
- Develop new trims and fabrics.
- Identify and update bestsellers to drive repeat business.
- Previous experience working for a supplier within jersey wear
- Must have a strong commercial eye, and an ability to interpret trends
- Excellent CAD ideally with Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Able to work in a busy environment & have a pro-active approach.
- Strong organisation skills, and able to work to deadlines
- Must be good at building relationships, with a willingness to take direction and eager to learn.