A fabulous opportunity has arisen for our client an established and successful knitwear supplier. They supply ladies, Men’s and children’s fashion knitwear to all the major high street retailers in the UK and are actively looking to recruit a Knitwear Designer to join their team. The position will be based in their modern open plan offices situated in beautiful surroundings. This is a great opportunity to join an established successful team where you will work on a cross-section of accounts. This is an exciting opportunity to join a progressive Knitwear supplier to work on a range of fashion knitwear accounts for the UK market,
Main responsibilities will include:
- Working with key fashion accounts to design commercial, fashion knitwear
- Create new, commercial, designs & interpreting the latest trends.
- Confidently Initiate the Design and Development from concept through to production.
- Regular Comparative shop reports, trends research, mood boards, and inspiration.
- Work closely with suppliers, buyers, and technologists to develop strong, commercial products, within cost.
- Thorough understanding of the market, your accounts, their competitors and their requirements
- Working on your assigned accounts/design briefs to grow the business
- Previous experience working for a knitwear supplier
- Experience working in a fast-paced role and prioritising customer demands efficiently.
- Must have a strong commercial eye, and an ability to interpret trends
- Excellent CAD and illustrator skills
- Strong organization skills, and able to work to deadlines
- Highly technical
- Must be a team player with a willingness to take direction and eager to learn.