I am recruiting for a one-of-a-kind knitwear supplier who specialise in fine gauge knitwear and supply to UK retailers and e-tailers.
With over 50 years experience supplying fashion knitwear they are recruiting for a Knitting Machine Mechanic to be part of an established technical team.
You'll be working with Shima 12gg knitting machines which produce seamless comfortable garments. This is a fantastic opportunity for applicants with a technical or mechanical background to enter the highly competitive fashion industry, working with the very latest advanced knitting machinery.
Main Responsibilities will include:
- Manufacturing, monitoring and inspecting output from the Shima machines to ensure it complies to high quality 12gg knitwear samples
- Oversee and maintain any repairs to our advanced knitting machinery
- Ensure the knitting room is kept clean and the machines are regularly serviced
- Thorough communication with other departments in the event of machine breakdowns and issues
- Experience working as a machine mechanic or maintenance mechanic in the manufacturing sector
- Experience working in the textiles industry
- A positive attitude to problem solving and a technical mindset
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a challenging and fast moving environment
- Problem solving mindset and keen eye for detail