We have a brilliant opportunity and are actively seeking a Junior Designer across Woven multi-product to support the growth of a successful client of ours.
Reporting into the Wovens Designer you will support primarily across casual bottoms as well as some woven dresses and tops. Based in London, you'll be designing for leading UK retailers and supermarkets for this well established and successful supplier.
They are seeking an ambitious and hungry Junior Woven Designer who is used to working in a fast-paced environment and able to work under pressure.
This role will require someone who can work to a mid - hi-fashion market and will be 5 days in the office.
Main Responsibilities Will Include:
- Support on designing and developing a commercial and fashion-forward product range for clients.
- Constantly be researching the latest woven trends across social media, Instagram, Tik Tok, Blogs, WGSN, catwalks - all platforms.
- Produce detailed sketches, CADs and specifications for initial development packs through to final development packs
- Work with your Designer to ensure customers are up to date with new and exciting developments and trends.
- Attend regular design meetings with Design & Sales Manager and customer Buying/Design teams
- Research and source new design ideas & fabrics/trims, injecting newness into the range.
- To keep a constant eye on the market, see what competitors look like and regularly revisit/review and react to trade.
- Able to produce high quality work to targets and tight deadline.
- Sourcing fabric for initial samples and production.
- Woven background is essential for this role.
- Previous experience working with high street or supermarket customers.
- Supplier or retail background.
- Strong Adobe Suite CAD skills.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Commercially savvy with excellent on-trend knowledge.
- Confident when presenting and attending customer meetings.
- Fully computer literate including Photoshop and Illustrator.