A great opportunity has arisen to work with a successful supplier for several high street retailers. This role is working across multiproduct womenswear and menswear. My client is looking for a proactive individual to join their team as a Junior Fabric & Sustainability Partner
This is a great role for an individual who has an understanding and some sourcing experience for Fabrics and their construction as well as some experience and understanding of sustainable fibers and relevant certifications. Some administrative experience with the Higg Platform and the ZDHC initiative will be an added bonus.
You will report to the Head of Sustainability & Fabrics. You will be working on a key project with material transparency and sourcing. Additional projects will include working with environmental impact platforms relevant to our business. This will include chemical compliance requirements within our supply chain. You will learn on the job and adequate support will be provided. Therefore this is a great opportunity for you to learn and to progress in your career, working with some of the most knowledgeable and experienced professionals in the industry.
Main Responsibilities will include:
- Be very organized in digital filing and physical files maintenance for all communication for fabrics, queries and approvals with all stakeholders
- Lead the Material Visibility project and liaise with the Mills for required information
- Play a key role in consolidation and switching of the fabrics identified for the project
- Maintain the Swatch Library and details as well as a corresponding Data set for these fabrics.
- Ensure clear communications is maintained with key stakeholders for this project which will be an ongoing activity in the business. These include, mills, technical teams, account leads, fabric suppliers, overseas offices Fabric and Merchandising teams.
- Work closely with mills, factories and overseas offices to ensure all technical data, and sustainability certifications are collected and filed appropriately- within the scope of this project
- Assist the Head of with new fabric development and digital and physical record maintenance as well as sustainability criteria for the materials.
- Understand each customer Testing requirement for Base and Bulk Fabric, as part of your training and role as and when needed.
- Actively engage with the Higg Teams and assist the Head Of in driving onboarding of key and new mills to this platform
- Actively engage with identified mills to help assess their Ethical Audit and ZDHC status and help the head Of to drive engagement.
- Previous experience working in a similar role for a supplier or retailer. Some fabric knowledge is essential
- A relevant degree in Textiles will be an added advantage
- Some experience in Sustainable fibres and traceability will be an added advantage.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and cope under pressure
- Confident to interact with customers at retail brands when needed
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels
- Flexible approach, with an ability to demonstrate diplomacy and tenacity as required.
- Happy to travel as and when required for fabric sourcing and technical business need