We've got a fantastic new role for a client of ours who are reputable, well established and work with majority of high street retailers. They are looking for a Junior Fabric Technologist to help support the growth of their business.
Based in central London you will be working reporting into the Senior Fabric Technologist providing administrative support and liaising with factories. They are looking for someone to start as soon as possible and who are knowledgeable, reliable, confident and hardworking. Yarn knowledge is preferable but not fully necessary.
Main Responsibilities will include:
- Providing administrative support to the Fabric Manager.
- Submitting test reports to the customers and chasing approvals.
- Working with the HK office and mills to improve bulk fabrics which does not meet standards.
- Liaising with the customer on any GAAL failures.
- Updating customer testing platforms.
- Chasing fabric specs and verification of information.
- Keeping up to date with customer testing requirements.
- Arranging wearer trials and assessing the results with the Fabric Manager.
- Creating fabric boards in conjunction with design.
- Reviewing sample yarn stock and ordering yarns.
- Supporting knitwear design in the development and communication of new yarns to yarn mills.
- Managing base testing of yarn with HK office
- Loading yarn data onto Vision.
- A keen eye for detail and be able to spot mistakes on test reports etc.
- Knowledge of knitted fabric production as well as dyeing processes.
- Knowledge of sustainable fibres and verification routes, i.e. BCI Platform, GRS Certificates.
- Understanding of REACH and be able to chase mills for oekotex certificates etc.
- Knowledge of the Tesco and Sainsburys testing platforms is advantege.