I'm working closely with a desirable global British brand who are seeking a Junior Handbag Designer. You will have a strong eye for detail and colour, understanding of the latest accessories trends to help create best-selling handbag ranges.
Working closely with the Senior Designer and the buying team, you will be designing across womenswear bags and small leather goods, covering the brands wholesale and retail business in domestic and international markets.
You will have a creative yet commercial eye with strong knowledge of handbag design within a brand or supplier background.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Manage styles from concept to production stage.
- Work closely with the team to create successful, fashion forward, and innovative collections within given deadlines, whilst being aware of current trends and the brands DNA.
- Create detailed CAD's and technical specifications across handbags and small leather goods.
- Stay ahead of trends and present back to the design team any ideas and inspiration for future ranges.
- Liaising frequently with the wider design and buying team to create and develop the direction of collections each season.
- Building strong relationships with the team and suppliers to achieve the best results.
- Overseeing and working closely with the team in developing each style and all trims ensuring the salesman samples are all developed correctly.
- A track record working within a brand, supplier, or retailer.
- Proactive, self-motivated individual with the ability to work independently but also as part of a team.
- Computer literate with proficient knowledge on Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Excel etc.
- Proven experience in womens handbag design.
- Strong technical understanding of leather.
- Creative yet commercial eye and have good attention to detail with a desire to constantly improve and move the collection on.