We are working with this highly successful supplier of Ladies, Men's and Childrenswear to major retailers throughout the UK, Europe and the USA high street fashion retailers. They are looking for a Head of Design who will oversee a team of designers on a day-to-day basis, guiding, mentoring and driving seasonal collections. This is a hands-on role and requires someone who is dynamic yet authoritative. You will have involvement with meeting buyers and developing ranges to meet clients specific brief.
A strong commercial supplier background is required working within a similar market.
Main Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Complete trend research, design and develop ranges working with the overseas factories and present to the customers.
- Work closely and liaise with factories in Bangladesh China and Sri Lanka
- Ability to create bestselling ranges and be hands on with trends and giving direction and guidance to your team
- Responsible for overseeing and mentoring a team of designers, as well as being hands on with design.
- Attend regular meetings with buyers via zoom/teams
- Required to work in a fast-paced environment, high volume design/development
- Sourcing of new fabrics and trims
- Design experience across ladies, mens and childrenswear preferred
- Casual wear design experience across multiproduct
- Previous supplier experience highly advantageous
- Proactive, dynamic and autonomous working as well as being a good team player
- Demonstrate longevity in your design career
- Management of a small team required
- Excellent communication at all levels along with, time management and organisational skills
- Ability to present and work alongside key management in the business