I am currently partnered with a very exciting premium/luxury contemporary brand. I'm recruiting a Head of Design who is open to relocating to Sweden as this is where their main design Head quarters are. The brand is known for their contemporary streetwear fashion. I'm seeking someone with a focus on menswear who can also oversee the womenswear deigner. Inspirations include music, art and architecture, which all illustrate the kind of world the brand wants to project. They an inspiring, fast-paced and energetic workplace that encourages new ideas and creativity.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing design team
- Creating and developing original initial design ideas, concepts, seasonal themes and ideas
- Collaborate with owner/ Creative Director for the forthcoming seasons
- Developing innovative and original designs and concepts, techniques, applications and ideas
- Creating and developing mood boards and original inspiration themes for the seasonal collections
- Provide support in presenting the collection at all stages to senior management
- Ensure critical path deadlines are maintained
- Designs across all product ranges
- Sending sample priority/ updated critical paths to the factory and chasing for samples
- Working alongside production to ensure the expectations of the final product are met.
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple deadline and cope with heavy workloads and strict deadlines.
- Confident, clear and enthusiastic when presenting ranges to management.
- To be a problem solver. Find issues immediately and sorting the problems out with the manufacturers.
- Creative and able to draw upon different inspirations to create contemporary designs.
- A genuine interest in fashion
- Menswear Designer with at least 7-10 years of experience
- Flexible and open-minded with a positive mindset
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of working in a fast pace environment with tight deadlines
- Strong attention to detail